Four paradises we encounter
We encounter four paradises in our lives.
1. One of them a person has nothing to do with it. Jannah in the womb of the mother. Why is that Jannah? Because the fetus has nothing to worry about, doesn't have to worry about shelter, food, weather etc. That's considered a Jannah... The person in the womb has no choice regarding it.
2. The second Jannah, similar to what Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله said, 'Jannah is in my heart.' This comes from the remembrance of Allah, learning the word of Allah, learning about Allah and the religion. This is a Jannah.
The prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, imagine you see a garden then you go and eat as much as you can in that garden. The garden of Jannah he said is to learn.
So you have a peace of mind when you learn, offering prayer, doing good, that's Jannah. People don't know it but it's Jannah. To learn, store it in your heart...you know about Allah, about tawheed...this is the second Jannah.
3. The third Jannah is in the grave. When the person dies he will have two tunnels. One on his right and the other on his left. One tunnel will show hell fire and it will be said to him, this is your position in hell fire, but because you're good Allah changed your destiny, then he'll look at the other tunnel and see his place in paradise.
The prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, either the grave is a piece of paradise or a tunnel of hell fire.
4. The fourth one is paradise itself. The ultimate goal. The paradise that is described in the Qur'an and the one the prophet told us about.
The Jannah that is as wide as the heavens and Earths.
These are the four paradises people go through. You aim for them all!! Allah will look at your deeds on the day of Judgement, whosoever finds good, let him praise Allah and whosoever finds other than that, blame no one but himself.
- Shaykh Musa Jibril حفظه الله